Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Wednesday 11 March 2009

Autobiography

Another poem written quite a long time ago, telling the true story of an incident in my first year at school.

The Naughty Chair

Apparently, aged five,
I cried,
And, unmoved by bribes
Or sighs,
Would not be denied.
The other children all
had had
A chance to sit where
Only bad
Children sat,
In the naughty chair
In the corner where
The class could stare
And glare.
But a goody two-shoes
From the start
I'd played no part
To put me there -
In the naughty chair
And so I cried
And cried and cried
And cried and cried
And made the teacher
At last decide
To let me sit
-At least for a bit -
In it.




No comments: