Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Saturday 14 March 2009

DPRK Update

Well I now have everything I need for my trip to North Korea except my passport and DPRK visa which, touch wood, I should have in the next few days. I'm a little confused over money as the documentation indicates both a) Euros or dollars are preferred for exchange in DPRK and b) exchange is not possible in the DPRK. I shall call the tour company on Monday for a litle more guidance on this as I doubt very much that I'll be able to get Korean currency in England.

Of course the looming cloud on the horizon is the recent increase in tension between North and South Korea and hence between North Korea and the United States. I knew already of course that a North Korean visa in my passport might present future difficulties if I wish to visit the US again but I hadn't really anticipated the possibility that the two countries might go to war while I'm there.

My flight leaves the UK at a very civilised 20:20 which should mean I can eat dinner on the plane, watch a movie, get as close to a night's sleep as is possible sitting up and arrive relatively refreshed at my destination, a possibility that is greatly enhanced by being on a non-stop flight.

I shall of course keep you updated right up to my day of departure.

2 comments:

Cat Herself said...

What day do you plan to depart?

Bob Hale said...

My flight is at 20:27 on 7th April, and to my great relief is non-stop which might mean I can get some sleep and arrive relatively refreshed.