Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Thursday 26 March 2009

Alices In Wonderland: Part 38



The queen invites Alice to play croquet, but it is a most peculiar game with flamingos as mallets and hedgehogs as balls...

The illustration is by Scott McKowen. Although it's a modern edition (Sterling Publishing, 2005) all I've been able to turn up on the internet about the illustrator is various sites selling his books. Lucky then that there are some brief details on the dust jacket. He's an award winning graphic designer, art curator and the designer of Canada's 2001 silver dollar.

3 comments:

Kalleh said...

I always loved that part of "Alice in Wonderland." I just wanted you to know that I read, and appreciate, your Alice blogging!

Kalleh said...

Wow, I can't wait to get to the point that my Blog's so popular that the comments will have to be approved!

Bob Hale said...

Sadly it has nothing to do with popularity and everything to do with the spammers who cost me so much time and effort a few weeks ago.