Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Sunday 8 August 2010

Ongoing 56/Harrow Daily Poem #13

At last I can get back to it.

Here's one I wrote on the train on the way into London yesterday. It was specifically for use in class. The doodle shows Leonardo Da Vinci preparing a canvas while his model waits. His model is a very ugly Mona Lisa.

Parody always strikes me as bit too easy to do, but here it is anyway.

Frogs, snakes and spiders and all kinds of lizards,
Rainstorms and snowstorms and out-and-out blizzards,
An insect that bites you, an insect that stings -
These are a few of my favourite things.

Roast beef with jelly, fish fingers and custard,
A chocolate doughnut that's filled up with mustard,
Circling vultures with sun on their wings -
These are a few of my favourite things.

False teeth and cross eyes and spotty red noses,
A weed-covered garden, bouquets of dead roses,
Vampires and werewolves and bloodthirsty kings -
These are a few of my favourite things.

When the axe falls,
When the blade sings,
When I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favourite things
And then I feel just as bad.

No comments: