Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Sunday 8 August 2010

Plus ça change...

Two years ago...


And here in Harrow there is Andrew who insisted I should write a blog entry about him...

Take dinner yesterday. He had eaten most of it but left some peas which he spread out on his plate. Looking at his own plate, and those of his fellow diners, inspired him in a surreal flight of fancy in which they were all planets, his - if I recall - being a society divided and at war, mine being a garbage planet...
This year his condition has worsened somewhat...he has taken to stalking me. Sitting here at my desk and working I have, on several occasions, turned around to find him standing outside my window staring at me.


And now...

Well the good news is that my room is on the second floor so the stalking is rather more difficult. Sadly his condition is no better. Presumably medical science has now given up on the poor fellow. He is still making planets from plates and it appears to be infectious as his friend, newly with us this year and also named Andrew, was joining in enthusiastically. Perhaps we have found patient zero, the source of Andrew's madness. Or possibly vice-versa.

Either way...

...happy now? You have your annual blog entry.

2 comments:

Sammy Jenkins said...

I am reasonably happy, but it may not last.

Bob Hale said...

Few things ever do. Names for example.