Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Thursday 19 August 2010

Translation Blues

Now that the summer is over, every kid is back in his or her own country and all the teachers have gone home, I'll put this here.

In one of my classes a Chinese girl asked me to help turn something she had translated for her project into a more grammatical form. I looked at and was forced to admit defeat. Investigation revealed that the original source was Japanese which she had translated with an electronic dictionary into Chinese and then, with a different electronic dictionary into English.

The title, "Sushimi", gave me a clue that it might be about food but I could get nowhere with the rest of it. Here it is for better scholars to consider.

Insurance membranes frozen to fresh the meal. In order to have their if not suited to the taste of some of their jerky in to the Japanese style soy sauce knife must also be fast so raw fish less cut of meat will not go type.

No comments: