Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Wednesday 1 December 2010

A boring sort of a fellow

Last year I had a rather successful lesson in sentence building in which I first asked the class to guess which facts were associated with Gordon Brown, David Cameron, Nick Clegg and the Queen and then to build sentences about them using the facts they had identified.

I want to teach a similar lesson tomorrow but of course I needed first to change the facts about Gordon Brown for facts about Ed Miliband. Naturally I hit Google to find things out. Of course there were the mundane facts such as when he was born and how many children he has but beyond that almost nothing. Thirty minutes intensive searching found not a single interesting fact about the man. I hadn't realised it before but he may well be the most boring political leader we have ever had.

No comments: