Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Saturday 18 December 2010

Have I Got News For You #1

Well, actually no I haven't but a number of things on the program have just caught my eye (and my ear) and I'd like to share. 
Actually tonight I was due to be i nNottingham having dinner with friends visiting from Singapore. I'd been hoping to talk to them about working overseas. Ah well, the horrible weather that has trapped me in my home has, at the very least, let me sit here with a couple of drinks and watch  the extend repeat of "Have I Got News For You"*.
The first thing that caught my  attention was footage of Vladmir Putin singing Blueberry Hill. I can't work out what it is about the man but I can't see him without being put in mind of waking up with a horse's head in your bed. Watching him sing made me think that earlier in the week he'd been heard to say, "You know what I'd really like? I'd really like to sing Blueberry Hill." Minions, for surely if anyone in the real world actually has minions it must be him, probably spent the week rushing around fixing it for him.



* For those who aren't familiar with UK  TV this is a weekly topical satirical news quiz.

No comments: