Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Monday 14 February 2011

Ongoing #72

Today is Saint Valentines Day.

I've cheated a bit in trying to find a picture in my cartoon book that works as an illustration for this poem but I've managed it. The picture shows a wistful looking Japanese lady standing all alone in a cherry blossom grove.

And here's the poem.


I'd like to write a poem
Of a love that's deep and true,
That's brighter than the sunshine
And fresher than the dew,
That lasts for all eternity
Yet begins each day anew,
Adds music to the sounds of life
And grandeur to the view -
And the only thing that's missing
Is someone to send it to.

No comments: