Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Friday 4 February 2011

Time warp?

I'm the first to admit that I wander about most of the time completely oblivious to my surroundings but yesterday evening I went into Birmingham on the Metro and as all the advertising hoardings were lit noticed some of them that I hadn't noticed before.

The first puzzled me because it was advertising Christmas Markets in Bilston and Wednesbury. It's February now but, fair enough, they're just a bit late in taking them down. At the next station I was moved to wonder exactly which Christmas they were talking about as there was an advert for a Gymnastics exhibition which is coming in April 2010. 

My best guess is that in the current economic climate nobody is paying for the advertising space so, rather than leave them empty, they just leave up whatever the last poster was until somebody comes along with money to replace it.

No comments: