Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Wednesday 29 June 2011

A River of Stones: To The Cemetery/Getting Closer

I'm in that part of my leaving process where everything becomes a series of lasts - last visits to favourite haunts, last meetings with friends, last tidying of the garden and  - the most melancholy last of all - the last time I am able to take flowers to my parents' grave.
I have bought some artificial flowers, there is no point in putting fresh ones on that will die so quickly and then remain, looking sadder and sadder on the untended grave for at least a year and a half.
Today I took them to the cemetery and replaced the flowers that had been there. They look bright and cheerful and though they will fade it will take time.

Today's River of Stones Poem was written when I returned. It's a cinquain (a word the spell-checker apparently doesn't recognize), a form I haven't used for some time.

29 June 2011

red and
orange flowers
artificial and bright
carried through the rain they do not
require

1 comment:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I always put artificial flowers on my husband grave in the winter as It is some distance away,
Only last week I put some fresh ones there.
Take care.
Yvonne.