Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Well that's a bit more than I was expecting...

Just got a quote for medical insurance for one year working in China. Without going into too much detail, the quote for insurance was more than three times my total salary for the year. I'll get others but I'd be surprised if any of them get down to below my salary. Looks like I'm going to have to take a chance on not having insurance. So far, adding everything I'm having to spend together, for every pound I earn in China it will cost me about three. I'm looking forward to the job but on a purely financial level it's going to be a disaster. And that's without any insurance. With insurance included, for every pound I earn, it will cost me six.

Doesn't look as if it was my best ever plan, does it?

1 comment:

David Love said...

Watch out for poisonous reptiles then (as well as the insurance companies, of course).

David