Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Friday 2 April 2010

Ongoing #24

The next doodle shows a repeating pattern of doves and ravens. I've toyed with various ideas for the poem but finally settled on this bizarre item. I quite literally dreamed it last night. In the dream I was writing on a piece of paper and in the dream what I was writing was perfectly clear to read but didn't make any sense. I woke with it sharp in my head and the sense of it, and the title, came with waking. It may not make any sense to you but it's really quite easy to work out.
The reason it's here is that doves, as in the doodle, are often a symbol of love and the poem's composed-upon-waking title is - "Love Sequence". It's very odd, and I think, ultimately rather sad.

Love Sequence

0
0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
0.99
0.999
0.9999
0.99999
0.999999
0

I only hope that the reason I dreamed it so clearly isn't that I was remembering it from somewhere else.

2 comments:

David Love said...

Love to hear you recite that one!

Why did I think immediately of a rocket attempting to reach the speed of light?

Maybe because if you place a mirror against the left hand margin, right against the beginning of the lines - hey presto! A picture of the Space Shuttle.

David Leurrrve

Bob Hale said...

Oddly I think I could recite this one. Normally I am very bad at remembering my poetry well enough to recite - I have to read.
This one though, I'm fairly sure I could remember.
Can't think why.