Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Monday 26 April 2010

Ongoing #32

The doodle has a picture of the world in the bottom left hand corner with the caption "The World is in Peril". It made me think of the news, and how reliable it is.

Balance

I'm watching the news,
But on closer inspection,
I can't help believing
It's all misdirection.
The words and the images
That flash on my screen
Mean no more and no less
Than they want them to mean.
Like the book of the month
It's the editor's choice.
I can listen forever
But there's only one voice.
An illusion of balance
Is all just a trick.
It makes no real difference
Which viewpoint you pick.
I don't know what's true
There's no way to find out.
And that's what control
Is really about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of the best discribtion of life I've read for a long time. Thank you for sharing. Please have a wonderful Wednesday.