Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Sunday 9 May 2010

Talent

I've just watched my recording of last night's episode of The Prisoner and, as I had set the DVD recorder to start a few minutes early was also "lucky" enough to see the last few minutes of Britain's Got Talent. The definition of "talent" appears to have broadened somewhat since I learned it. The act I saw was a man whose talent was supposed to be "eating nine After Eight Mints in a minute without using my hands". This seems to me to be a rather odd use of the word as well as a distinctly bizarre contender for the prize - an appearance on the Royal Variety Performance*. I'd query his sanity as much as his talent as he couldn't complete his so-called act because he had only brought five mints with him.
Apparently he was in a previous series of the show trying to eat Ferrero Rocher chocolates.

At least it reminded me of why I never watch this kind of show.


* For US readers, the Royal Variety Performance is an annual televised variety show attended by members of the royal family.

No comments: