Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Nothing ever really changes

Among the things I've come across while clearing out the house are a couple of collected volumes of Maxwell The Magic Cat, an old newspaper cartoon strip written by Alan Moore under the name Jill de Ray. I sat and read through a few of them. The strip ran from 1979 to 1986.

Among the targets of the cartoons in the volume I was reading were

* Government drugs policy
* problems in Libya
* radiation leaks from a potential nuclear meltdown

and my favourite


* tacky Royal wedding souvenirs including Royal Wedding sick bags.

Oddly all those topics also appeared in newspapers in the last week. Including the sick bags. Nothing ever changes.

No comments: