Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Wednesday 26 January 2011

A Nightmare Day

I'm having a really bad day so far.

I'd like to put it into a small stone poem but it would be the biggest small stone ever written.

First I couldn't log into my college computer at home to upload resources that I needed for class.

Then, as I was leaving the house I noticed the stack pipe that was replaced only about two months ago had come away from the wall so I had to go back in and have a long conversation with the plumber.

That left me very short of time but half way along my walk to the station I realised I had left my wallet on the table.

By the time I had gone back for it I no longer had time to get to walk by my usual walk/metro combination.

I took the car to one of the stations with a car park.

It was full. I called my manager and told her I would be late and asked if she could get the class started for me.

I drove back along the line to the next one with a car park. I parked. The tram arrived. It had a very large sign saying "Sorry Not In Service"

The next tram arrived and I got on only to have to sit for the whole journey next to a teenager playing loud and unpleasant rap music on the speaker in his phone.

I'm now at work and in class. The class are doing a reading test and I'm really hoping that nothing else goes wrong.

Now, how do I get all of that into a small stone length poem?

No comments: