Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Thursday 21 April 2011

Movies so bad they're...well bad actually.

There are, I think everyone would agree, a lot of very bad films. Who could forget Plan 9 From Outer Space or Santa Claus Conquers The Martians, for example?
Well I've just watched a contender for the worst movie ever made accolade, it's certainly in the top few worst ones that I've ever seen. It's part of a triple bill on a DVD I paid a whole pound for last week and it's unbelievably bad. It's Roger Corman's Creature From The Haunted Sea.
What's wrong with it? Just about everything actually. It's probably a bit unfair to criticise the dialogue of what is supposed to be a Horror/Comedy. I have to mention the classic " It was dusk: I could tell because the sun was going down" though.
The best thing is the monster. It looks like a ball of wool with two tennis balls for eyes. Oh, that's more or less what it was.

Can't wait for the other two on the disc - Bela Lugosi in "The Devil Bat" and Lionel Atwill in "Vampire Bat". After that, also for the magnificent sum of one pound I have a triple bill of Bela Lugosi films: Invisible Ghost, Scared To Death and White Zombie. I'm tempted to sit here for the next eight hours or so and watch them all in one go.

Great stuff.

No comments: