Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Small Stones: Extended Remixes #5

A longer version of the small stone poem originally posted on 9th January.

I quite liked the original of this but I also like this slightly longer version.


When the snow was here I walked this way,
followed the winding path across these fields,
felt the chill of the air on my hands and face,
and thought how beautiful it was.

But the snow had covered the fields like powder on a face,
hidden the traces of all that was unsightly,
and, now that it has melted and been absorbed,
the fields are once more pox-scarred with litter.

No comments: