Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Saturday 15 August 2009

Google Analytics

Can someone explain to me how, on my other blog, my hits over the last ten days (according to Google Analytics) can be 0 6 2 0 1 2 1 1 1 0, and yet show, on the last day an increase of 38%.
Three years of University Maths didn't equip me to cope with this kind of arithmetic.

6 comments:

robert said...

S = A*k*c³/4*h*G
might provide a solution, else click upon the 'island picture' on my site.
Please have a nice Sunday.

Bob Hale said...

I have absolutely no idea what your equation means. :)
But thanks for the great link from your site.

Bob Hale said...

PS When I'm back at my own computer rather than my temporary access through this college one I'll add you onto my links.

robert said...

Thought it might help to calculate the google analytics you talked about. Found it in one of my fav. books, A Universe in a nutshell.
It's called the 'Blackhole formula'.
Once a week I choose a blog, from which I think demands attention, this is the 'Hitting the Road again blues - week'.
Please have a nice start into the next one.

Bob Hale said...

What do the letters in the formula stand for?

robert said...

A - surface of the horizon of the Black hole,
h - Planck constant
k - Boltymans contant
G - constant of gravitation
c - Speed of light