Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Tuesday 25 August 2009

Rebranding works then.

Sometime ago I posed the question, on wordcraft if not here, of why there were so many adverts around for "Pear Cider" when we already had a perfectly good word for the drink "perry". I have no special objection to it but it struck me as redundant to invent a new term for something that already has a name.
I wonder no longer.
It seems that the rebranding has resulted in fourteenfold increase in sales. Apparently people were "confused" about what perry is and so didn't buy it. Now they have all gone "Aha! Perry is cider made out of pears. I must try it."
The annual sales have leapt from around £3.4 million to around £46 million.

No comments: