Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Monday 3 August 2009

Summer Job Fast Approaching

Well, two more days and I'll be down for my customary summer teaching in Harrow. There are some changes to the usual set up this year but, as ever, I'm looking forward to it. They say that a change is as good as a rest and in the case of my annual summer contract it's certainly true. I enjoy practically everything about it. OK, I could do without the chef's obsession with mushrooms, given that I am allergic to them, but practically everything else.
This year I've decided to travel light and take the absolute bare minimum of stuff with me. Shouldn't be too difficult. When I arrived at the airport in China on my way to North Korea at Easter I was met with total amazement from my fellow travellers at how small my luggage was. I'd managed to get all my needs for a twelve day trip into a bag that could be taken as cabin luggage. As for the teaching materials I'll need - I have a memory stick and they have printers so that shouldn't present too many problems.
As I may have mentioned before my ambition is to get my travelling needs down just the things I'm wearing. Haven't quite figured out how to do that yet without getting terribly smelly.

Anyway, the point of this post is that in the past internet access from Harrow has been a bit hit and miss thanks to their rather aggressive cyber-nanny software. I managed quite a lot of posts last year and even managed some posting to various message boards, but you never can tell what it's going to allow and what it's going to forbid.

I have set up a series of advance posts both here and on my photoblog so even if I can post nothing you shouldn't miss me too much.
Assuming that I have no problems I'm going to try another little project while I'm down there - a new poem a day, for the duration of the contract. I usually have plenty of time on my hands for writing and who knows, it may keep me out of The Castle for an extra few minutes. That has to be good for my liver and my wallet.

No comments: