Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Friday 10 May 2013

35 Days: 10th May - Poem #28 It Didn't Rain Today

Today it didn't rain -
nor yesterday, it's true.
Tomorrow I'm expecting
that the skies will still be blue.
In the last six months I've been here
it's rained precisely twice -
a total of ten minutes
(well nine to be precise).
But there are plenty of umbrellas
to be seen in gaudy hues
because the sun gets rather fierce
so the shade is what they choose.
But if raindrops ever spatter
I'm sure enough to bet
that they'll fold them in a moment
and not let them get wet.