Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Friday 17 May 2013

35 Days: 15 May - Poem #33 Hypochondria

I used to have this roommate.
(I don't have him any more.)
He filled up all the shelf spaces
with bottles by the score.
He had pills for every ailment,
ointments, potions and
a large box of suppositories
(labeled, "Care, by hand.")
All of them were quackery -
nostrums of all kinds -
imaginary vitamins,
with effects just in his mind.
For the only thing he suffered from
in reality, I'm sure
was a chronic hypochondria
that none of them could cure.