Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Thursday 2 May 2013

35 Days: 26 April-Poem #14 Cracks

I have been continuing the project while I've been on holiday but have had no chance to post the results. To catch up I shall post three a day until we are back in step.

Cracks

I put my foot down and the earth

shatters like crazed porcelain.

I imagine the cracks stretching

down and down through the Earth,

through the top soil and the bedrock,

the crust, the mantle, the core.

I imagine them reversing their path

up and up through the Earth,

appearing in mirror image

half a world away from here,

where someone looks down

imagining a world that ends with me.