Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Thursday 16 May 2013

Well that's new!

I thought I'd seen it all. I really did. It's completely commonplace to find kids doing homework, reading magazines or playing cards or chess in class. None of those throw me for a second. I've had students listening to music, students making phone calls, students playing with knives and razor blades and students trying to set fire to their desks or students dismantling the furniture with a screwdriver. 
I've even had a student who painted open eyes on his glasses and went to sleep behind them and I though that only happened in comics.

Today was a new one though. I walked to the back of the class and found a group of students holding a snail race with a couple of tiny snails they had brought in from outside.

How the hell do you confiscate a snail?