Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Saturday 12 December 2009

Ongoing: But not very happy

I'm not really very impressed with my poem based on the picture, in the Doodles book, of two old women outside an empty shop window. Here it is anyway.

Window Dresssing

In the shop window
There is only my face.
Of the things I would buy
There, there isn't a trace.
The shelving's still there
But it's covered in dust
And the lock on the door
Has now started to rust.
It's one more day passed
And it's one more shop gone;
At the rate they are closing
Soon there'll be none.
No Woolies, no Zavvi
No Winerack, no Threshers
I can't buy a bottle
When I'm feeling the pressure.
There's not even a Whittards
For a nice cup of tea.
I look in the window,
But I see only me.

No comments: