Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Tuesday 8 December 2009

Ongoing

I'm working on, but haven't finished, the poem that goes with the cartoon of the two women outside the shop. I have, however, finished the next one. The cartoon in the book here is of a number of blank-winged butterflies ready for colouring in. This has inspired the following work.

Untrue Colours

I'm sorry if I'm not who you thought I should be;
If I've not done the things you expected of me;
Expressed the opinions you believed I should hold;
Been perfectly formed by the stamp of your mould,
But it's all still as true when you turn it around.
I expected of you many things I've not found.
Misled by the colours that were shown but untrue,
You misjudged me as surely as I misjudged you.

No comments: