Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Saturday 12 December 2009

Ongoing

While I'm playing catch-up with these ongoing poems, which, as you'll recall are being inspired by the pictures in "The Telephone Doodle Book", here's the next. The picture shows a keyhole shape.

Through The Keyhole

Am I the only one who really doesn't care
What kind of tiger Woods turned out to be?
It isn't that a man's affairs are his affair,
It's that they're of no interest to me.
And Jordan and her lovers, who is it this week?
It's a matter that I'd rather pay no mind.
When I buy a paper, the news is what I seek.
What a pity it should be so hard to find.
Some MP I never heard of used to like a drink,
And the papers think there's some way it should matter.
They never print a thing to encourage us to think;
Between this gossip and some news, I'll take the latter.
It's all actors, politicians, sportsmen and their wives,
Comics, singers, dancers, those whose fame
Is founded upon nothing, though we use their private lives
To entertain the public. What a game!

No comments: