Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Saturday 14 May 2011

Small Stones: Extended Remixes #12

I'm not sure if this poem benefits from being longer than the original version or not, though I do like the new phrase "A bright square of gloom, Powerpoint pessimism." which may in itself be enough to justify the "remix"

Nevertheless here it is.

The empty staff room
is filled with the hum
of the air conditioning.
Bright angular stripes
on scattered papers
and open books
cover the desks.

The auditorium
is filled with the hum
of the college-wide meeting.
A bright square of gloom,
Powerpoint
pessimism,
covers the screen.

My solitary mind
is filled with the hum
of a future unfolding.
Bright tracks of change,
paths to a new world
and another life
cover my world.

No comments: