Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Saturday 14 May 2011

Small Stones: Extended Remixes #14

Another one that's more of a variation on the original than an extension.


Sometimes People Clap

I always try to warn them
that this may not entertain.
It's a remnant from the days
when I hid my work from view;
Before I came out as a poet
and admitted to my shame.
I always tell them they won't like it
but sometimes some of them do.
It's still a source of wonder,
it still feels very strange,
to be standing up reciting
what sounds to me like crap.
So I always try to warn them
that I may not entertain
and it comes as some surprise
that sometimes people clap.

No comments: